Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions
1. All orders placed are subject to stock being available, if any item is out of stock, it will be sent as soon as possible. If there is likely to be a long delay, we will endeavour to contact you to advise of this. If an item becomes unavailable, we will contact you to advise of alternatives and give you the opportunity to cancel the original order. All orders from the web can be cancelled provided we have not already shipped the goods to you.
2. Order Acceptance - the receipt of our email order confirmation does not constitute the acceptance of an order, or confirmation of an offer to sell. Additional verification of information may be required prior to the acceptance of any order. An acknowledgement of your order will be sent to you via email when you place your order, but acceptance of your offer to buy the goods will not take place until after the payment is taken. Castle Cameras reserves the right to decline the order for any reason.
3. Payment for the goods and delivery and applicable taxes can be made by any method shown on the website at the time you place your order. Credit Card payments are taken automatically by Paymentsense when the order is successfully placed. We will refund the payment if we are unable to supply for any reason.
4. Goods will be delivered to the delivery/shipping address given when you place your order unless you are contacted by Castle Cameras. If you fail to take delivery we will try and contact you and re-arrange the delivery, we reserve the right to charge a further delivery charge if required. Every effort will be made to deliver your goods as soon as possible after your order has been accepted, however Castle Cameras will not be liable for any loss or damage suffered by you through delays in delivery.
5. Any claims for damage, faults and mis-shipped items must be made within 7 working days of receipt of goods.
6. You will have the option to withdraw your order for goods before they are shipped and also within 14 working days of the goods being received. In order for you to do this we do require you to send notice in writing (by email, fax or letter) within 14 working days of receipt. We will provide you with a returns number and the goods can be returned, in unused condition and complete in original packaging at your cost. The only circumstances in which you cannot withdraw your order is where you have used, altered or damaged the goods which you have already received, or in the case of software unsealed or damaged.
7. Our transactions are made in Sterling, so you may incur a commission or transaction charge from your card issuer. If you do purchase goods from overseas and then decide to return them to us and we agree upon inspection to refund for these, be aware that there could be a currency fluctuation on the refund you are given which is out of our control and cannot be recovered from ourselves.
8. The privacy and confidentiality of your personal information is important to us. Therefore it is our policy not to disclose or sell this information regarding your orders and products you purchase to any outside organisation. Castle Cameras may use such information to communicate special promotions and offers to you by email or post, unless you notify us that you do not want to receive such communications.
9. EU residents pay the VAT inclusive price. Non EU/Exempt pay the VAT exclusive price. Castle Cameras is not liable for any customs duties that might be incurred when the goods are shipped. It might not be possible for us to deliver to certain locations.
10. All goods remain the property of Castle Cameras until paid for in full. Risk passes to yourself on delivery
11. Goods are not supplied on a trial basis. Where the purchaser does not want the goods they can only be returned at the prior agreement of Castle Cameras and may be subject to a re-stocking fee of up to 25% or £20 whichever is the greater. In accordance with the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) regulations 2000, you will have up to 14 days to return the goods for any reason.
12. Prices are subject to change without notice - however, when an order has been placed we will always endeavour to honour that price. In the rare circumstances where we have to increase the price we will advise you and offer you the opportunity to cancel the order. Every effort is made to ensure that the prices shown on our website are accurate at the time you place your order. If an error is found, we will inform you as soon as possible and offer you the option of re-confirming your order at the current price, or cancelling your order.
13. Castle Cameras is not liable for any customs duties that might be incurred when the goods are shipped.
14. Castle Cameras total liability in contract, misrepresentation or otherwise arising in connection with the performance or contemplated performance of this agreement shall be limited to the price paid for the goods. If you are a business customer we shall not be liable to any indirect or consequential loss or damage (whether for loss of profit, loss of business, depletion of goodwill or otherwise), costs, expenses or other consequential costs.
15. These terms and conditions do not affect consumer statutory rights
16. Errors and omissions excepted
17. All International orders will be assessed individually. We cannont guarantee all orders will be supplied. If the order is not fulfilled we will refund at the earliest opportunity.
We will at certain times offer voucher codes that can be used on the website. These codes are entered at the checkout stage and will offer discounts or free offers. To use, simply enter the voucher code at checkout. These voucher codes cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer. We reserve the right to remove these voucher codes at any time without any notification. If two voucher codes have been used incorrectly then we will use our discretion to use the best voucher for you the customer, provided it is still valid. If an invalid voucher code is used, the order will be processed in the normal way without the reduction the voucher would have given.
We often post information on new products on the website ahead of their launch in order to give customers the opportunity to pre-order the device. If we have stated in the description that this is a pre-order then it means you will place an order in the normal way with all your details and will give you the opportunity to get one of the first devices when the product is released. Whilst you will enter your credit card details, the payment will be refunded and then re-taken when the product comes into stock. You are able to cancel this pre-order right up to the date of shipment. The price shown can sometimes be an estimate and whilst we try and make this as accurate as we can, it may change up or down before shipment. If the price does change we will inform you before shipment of this and give you the opportunity to re-confirm or cancel your back order.
A. If you need to return any goods please contact our sales staff to discuss the fault before the goods are returned. Quite often we can resolve the problem over the phone.
B. All returns must have a valid returns number given by a member of staff from Castle Cameras. This will speed up the returns process and avoid errors.
C. As described within our terms and conditions you will have a right for 14 days to withdraw from the order and return the goods, however if goods are returned outside this period or in a used condition then a restocking fee may be charged.
D. All returns must be as supplied in the original boxes with all documentation.
E. If an item proves faulty within the first 28 days, we will deal as quickly as possible to resolve the problem, provided you still have the blank warranty card. After 28 days, or if the warranty card has been completed, it is likely that the item will be returned direct to our supplier for repair. This normally takes three to four weeks.
F. You are responsible for ensuring the safe delivery of returned items and any cost incurred for this are the responsibility of the purchaser. We will not normally make any charge for these goods to be returned back to you if you are based within the UK, however if the product needs to be returned outside the UK then we will need to charge you the cost of carriage for this return at a reduced rate to normal delivery. We do also reserve the right to levy a handling charge in the event of the returned goods being "no-fault found".
G. Opened software will not be accepted for credit. Faulty disks will normally be replaced.